Max has been able to get his hands on a number of FN C1A1 battle rifles which served as the Canadian Forces’ standard battle rifle from the early 1950s to 1984. When it began to be phased out in favor of the lighter Diemaco C7 Max started pulling in some favours and secured a few dozen of the rifles.
The FN C1A1 is designed primarily as a personal weapon, it is a semi-automatic weapon which enables the operator to fire single shots at varying rates. The rifle can be fitted with a telescopic sight for sniping and long range fighting, and a bayonet for close combat. It is an air cooled, gas and spring operated weapon. Feeds from a magazine, has an adjustable gas regulator, and fires from a positive locked breech. The main components of the weapon can be disassembled and assembled by the user for cleaning purposes.
Chaosium’s BASIC ROLEPLAYING Statistics
- Name: FN C1A1 Battle Rifle
- Skill: Rifle
- Base: 25%
- Dmg: 2D6+2
- Attk: 3 or Burst
- Special: Impaling
- Rng: 90
- Hands: 2H = two-handed.
- HP: 12
- Parry: No
- Malfunction: 00
- Ammo: 20 or 30
- Value: Expensive
- STR/DEX: 10/5
- SIZ/ENC: 3.5
- Weight, Normal butt, empty magazine: 9 lb. 6 oz.
- Weight, Normal butt, full 20 rd magazine: 10 lb. 15 oz.
- Weight, Normal butt, full 30 rd magazine:
- Length, Normal butt: 44.75 in
- Weight, Short butt, empty magazine:
- Weight, Short butt, full 20 rd magazine:
- Weight, Short butt, full 30 rd magazine:
- Length, Short butt: 44.25 in
- Adapter, magazine charger
- Telescope, sniper, C1
- Mount, telescope, C2
- Attachment, blank firing
- System of operation: spring and gas operated, magazine fed.
- Safety feature: Mechanically locked dropped breech block.
- Muzzle velocity: 2750 ± 40 fps.
- Rate of fire: 650–700 rounds/min
- Effective range: 200–600 m sight adjustments
- Length: 21 in.
- Calibre: 7.62X51mm NATO
- Number of grooves: 6
- Pitch: 1 turn in 12 in.
- Direction of twist: right hand
- Normal butt: 10.25 in.
- Short butt: 9.75 in.
- Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Magazine capacity: 20 or 30 rounds
- Rear sight: aperture
- Front sight: blade
- Sight radius: 21 in.
RANGE OF ADJUSTMENT
- Ranging: Rear sight is graduated from 200 to 600 yards in increments of 100 yards.
- Zeroing – Rear sight: One revolution of the zeroing screws provides 5 minutes of angular or 9.52 inches latéral movement of the MPI at 200 yards.
- Zeroing – Front sight: One revolution of the front sight blade provides 4 minutes of angular or 8.57 inches vertical movement of the MPI at 200 yards.